First things first, we are all in this together. A social media engagement plateau is a common thing. So what do you do about it?
- Check your insights. Has your audience shifted its peak times? If so, try a new time. If you were doing night, try the afternoon.
- Do your insights reveal your audience is still clicking through on your content? If so, then great. Likes and comments are wonderful but the most important thing is that your content peaks their interest enough they click through to your website/store.
- Try posting less or more depending on what you are already doing. Perhaps your audience has content fatigue if you post frequently or they need to know more about you and your stuff before they start engaging so try upping your posting. Keep it consistent and use peak engagement times to get your content out.
- Dig through your content over the last month and see what’s been the most popular items. Do people like links the most? Pictures of your product? Designed graphics? Whatever it is- do more of it.
- Reuse, Recycle, Repurpose what is working for your content. Talk more about those topics, repost that blog that resonated with your audiences, create a worksheet to go along with topics.
- Reconsider the Platform You’re On. Take the time to do a little research and see if the platform you are on is one that has your target audience. For instance, if you’re looking to reach retired women in their 50’s-60’s, Twitter is not the way to go but Facebook is.
- It Might Be Time to Consider a Social Media Marketer and Manager. A social media manager (strategist/marketer) spends a TON of time on social media platforms and studying social media. They create engaging and informative content that can easily be shared and viewed by a larger audience which leads to bigger brand awareness- and who doesn’t want that?
This is part of my “what would a social media marketer do (in 300 words or less)?” series. I see lots of great ideas and content on social media accounts that aren’t always executed in the best manner possible. These tips and topics are for every social media user!